Enforcing Out-Of-State Divorce Court Orders In Arizona

If you or your children have recently moved to Arizona and had a legal decision-making (child custody) order in place in another state, you may be wondering what to do now. Does the out-of-state order become void when you move? Do you need to be a resident of Arizona to pursue upholding the original order?

Fortunately, Arizona will enforce your interstate and foreign (out-of-state) order, but you need to have that order registered. An experienced family law attorney from The Law Office of Scott J. McWilliams, L.L.C., in Phoenix can help you with all types of
divorce and family law orders.

Skilled Legal Representation For Child Support And Custody Issues

In some cases, there is no need to seek a new order, but it’s important to register or domesticate a non-Arizona order as soon as possible. Registering gives this state the ability to legally enforce your rights that were created within the original order, and it gives the local court system a way to ensure that the order is being honored.

The registration process is a complicated procedural process, and you will need an attorney who is seasoned in family law to guide you through it.

The attorneys at The Law Office of Scott J. McWilliams, L.L.C., will make sure every step in registering the order is completed in an expeditious and methodical manner. You can be confident that our experienced family law lawyers know how the process works, and you can trust that we will take care of all of the requirements properly.

Contact Us For Help With The Registration Process

If you are new to North Phoenix and have any questions about an out-of-state court order or any other family law concerns, call us at 602-237-5101 or toll free at 602-237-5101. You can also
contact us online. We offer free initial consultations for matters of family law and divorce.